getting Procedure Entry Point could not be located

Options

Used Windows to transfer old PC data to new PC, now can't run 1Password, even after installing new copy. Error pops up numerous times, "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-0.dll"

How do I clean this out and get 1Password4 running again, please? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:procedure point could not be located

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @budkoch,

We don't use these files, that's not coming from 1Password but rather from Windows itself. Are you having any issues installing other apps beside 1Password?

It sounds like there are some damaged system files on your new PC. I'd suggest first running the System File Checker, you can find out more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

• budkoch
    budkoch
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Unfortunately SFC didn't find any errors. I tried installing and running 1P4 again and I got the same error message, six times. Not sure what to do, but at least I know it's not a problem with your software.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @budkoch,

Are you able to install any other programs without any errors?

• budkoch
    budkoch
    Community Member
    Options

I installed several, including Norton, but now I get that error with 1P4 and the install of Office just stops at about 90%. What a mess.

• MikeT
    Options

What were you doing to transfer your data from the old PC to the new PC? Does it restore system files too or just selective data folders?

• budkoch
    budkoch
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I dropped the ball on this, I just noticed your last message. Win 7 has an app for copying your data from one PC to a new one and I used that. I should have known it would cause problems since it's a Microsoft app. Anyway, I gave up, purchased and installed a new copy of 1p4, and started over. My wife only had a couple entries so it didn't take long. All is ok now.

I use MacOS and iOS devices so I'm no longer fluent on Windows. Thanks for the help.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @budkoch,

I'm glad you got it working now. Thanks for following up and letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.