Has Agilebits worked out 1Password for Windows 7 price?

Options

Having 1Password 6 on Mac being a free upgrade from 1Password 4, then 5 to 6, could 1Password 6 for Windows 7 be the same? Am I asking too much?

Thanks.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: We definitely haven't decided on pricing for 1Password for Windows version 6 yet. It's still pretty early and right now we're focused on getting the app ready before we worry about selling anything. ;)

That said, there's certainly no harm in asking! I'm looking forward to the answer myself, but right now I can only speculate that since it's a brand new, ground-up rewrite of 1Password for Windows it may be a paid upgrade. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic. And worst case scenario, money-wise, we'll offer upgrade pricing to our existing customers. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty,

I can understand that! 1 to 4 was major and now 4 to 6! Hope you'll get the beta out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: The beta is out, but yeah...we have a lot of work to do so we can get it ready for everyone to use daily. :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Just a few things:

1. 1Password 6 for Windows will be focused for Families/Team customers as we don't have any current app that works with it.
    2. We'll ship an update later this year that'll be focused for local standalone vaults.

We announced the beta and how you can get it here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/06/02/1password-6-beta-for-windows-opens-the-door-to-1password-families-and-1password-teams/

This discussion has been closed.