Is there a way to move from the search field to the results list

Options

I love 1password and I love the fact that when you unlock, the focus is in the search field. After you search, though, I would like to be able to move, with one keystroke, into the results field, then open the search results. I checked the keyboard shortcuts and did not see it. I have tried to tab into the fields and it does not change the focus to the results. I also tried ctrl-tab and alt-tab. nothing. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @kenbaker0011,

Did you try pressing the arrow keys to go up and down the item list?

You have a license for 1Password 4, I would recommend upgrading to that version as it will let you use the arrow keys while still focusing the search field. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/upgrade-windows/

• kenbaker0011
    kenbaker0011
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT, I upgraded to version 4. Thanks for the suggestion. It still does not solve the problem. When I search, then tab, it takes me everywhere but to the focus field. I am trying to use keyboard shortcuts for access, far quicker than clicking.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kenbaker0011,

Press enter when you're done searching and it should then focus the results list. I'm not sure why tab shifted to the tab toolbar and we'll look into that but pressing enter did help.

This discussion has been closed.