Tray icon in Windows 10? [Try restarting 1Password Helper via the Help menu of 1Password ]

Options
wallstrum
wallstrum
Community Member

hello - i just did a clean install of windows 10 on a new computer and one of the first programs i installed was 1password. it's working great, except one thing: the tray icon doesn't show up for it, even though that preference is checked to do so. how can i get it to show up?

thanks!

wally

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 tray

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wallstrum: Is it perhaps just hiding?

You can also try disabling 1Password File > Preferences > General > Show 1Password icon in the notification area and then re-enable it.

Alternatively, do you have 'security' software that might be preventing apps from running automatically? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• wallstrum
    wallstrum
    Community Member
    Options

that was the first thing i tried. i actually just got it to show up by selecting "restart 1password helper" from the help menu. weird, but it did the trick.

thanks!

wally

• That's great, thanks for letting us know how you got it to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wallstrum: I'll also add that that sounds like perhaps something is preventing the Helper from running in the first place. If you continue encountering this problem, see if it launches at startup after a reboot. If not, that may be the key.

• king130
    king130
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting 1Password helper fixed this issue for me. There was an error in the registry with the helper that 1Password asked me if I wanted to fix. Seems to be working now.

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.