How to transfer 1Password to a new computer

Options

My computer crashed irrecoverably the other day and I now want to transfer my 1Password account to my new Windows laptop. I have my Licence Key, but that's about all! I'm hoping you can help.

I'm running on Windows7 [previously Vista]; I don't know what version of 1Password I was on, but it was kept updated until about 10 days ago.

CLIVE

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

@cfrowland: First and foremost, if you were using a 1Password license on your computer, AgileBits doesn't have your data. You'll need to recover it from he drive, restore from a backup, or sync from another device.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say for certain what the best option may be. Knowing the 1Password version and what data you have available to you would be helpful, but here are a few suggestions:

• Copy your .opvault or .agilekeychain vault to your new computer. By default, this would be saved to your Documents, but if you had it stored somewhere else you'll need to locate it and copy it from there.
    • Sync your data from Dropbox (or another service) if you were using that.
    • Retrieve a backup file (.agilekeychain_zip) or vault backed up to an external drive or offsite backup.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.