1 Password Windows miniscule font

Options

I have been using 1 Password for Windows for years now. I’ve finally reached the point where I find the miniscule type used in the 1 Password main window to be an embarrassment to the brand and an inexcusable ignorance of customer’s cries for a larger font size option. I just finished reading pleas from passionate customers going back years. My vision isn’t that bad and I have to strain to read the screen. I can’t imagine what vision challenged people have to endure to use the app.
Please don’t provide me a response with all the suggestions pointing to someone else’s possible patch (system adjustment) to solve your problem. I’ve already read most if not all of your suggestions on blogs and in forums.
I am bombarded daily by providers asking me to use their password vaults / services. So far I’ve remained faithful to 1 Password. If there are thousands of others like me, it’s only a matter of time before they start voting with their check books and charge cards. Based on your stubbornness regarding the Windows font issue the vote clearly would not be in your favor.
I hope you have your ears on. Good Luck. I’d like to continue the relationship but you are making it difficult to stay committed to it.

1Password Version: 1 Password for Windows
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password Windows miniscule font

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

I have been using 1 Password for Windows for years now. I’ve finally reached the point where I find the miniscule type used in the 1 Password main window to be an embarrassment to the brand and an inexcusable ignorance of customer’s cries for a larger font size option. I just finished reading pleas from passionate customers going back years. My vision isn’t that bad and I have to strain to read the screen. I can’t imagine what vision challenged people have to endure to use the app.

@emaninca: I'm really sorry for the trouble here. My eyes aren't what they used to be either! Unfortunately there's no way to enable font scaling in 1Password 4. It uses older frameworks that don't support it (among other newer display features).

Please don’t provide me a response with all the suggestions pointing to someone else’s possible patch (system adjustment) to solve your problem. I’ve already read most if not all of your suggestions on blogs and in forums.
    I am bombarded daily by providers asking me to use their password vaults / services. So far I’ve remained faithful to 1 Password. If there are thousands of others like me, it’s only a matter of time before they start voting with their check books and charge cards. Based on your stubbornness regarding the Windows font issue the vote clearly would not be in your favor.
    I hope you have your ears on. Good Luck. I’d like to continue the relationship but you are making it difficult to stay committed to it.

It's honestly got nothing to do with stubbornness. 1Password 4 just wasn't designed with these things in mind, and to do so would require a complete rewrite...which is exactly what we're doing with 1Password 6! You should check out the beta. It's designed to be a lot more flexible in this regard, and while it's still early in its development, you'll be able to get an idea of what's to come. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.