iOS Opera 1Password doesn't detect website

brentm
brentm
Community Member

I use Opera browser with the 1Password extension but it doesn't detect the website when I open 1Password from within Opera. I can search for the login and it applies it correctly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• kylerphillips
    kylerphillips
    Community Member

Hey @brentm

What version of Opera are you using on the iOS device? I haven't used Opera before with the 1Password extension, but my guess would be that most browsers that support the sharesheet functionality should work as expected.

Are you able to see if testing in Firefox or Safari yeilds the same result or if the problem is just specifically when using Opera on iOS?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@brentm Kyle's suggestion makes sense. Do you mind seeing if this behavior persists in another browser and reporting back?

• brentm
    brentm
    Community Member

Hi, personally I don't want to load another browser as Opera is perfect for me and I don't intend to use a different browser. I can use Opera on all my devices and sync my bookmarks etc.

That aside, this problem only exists on Opera for iOS. I don't have a problem with 1Password and Opera on the Mac.

I have the latest version of Opera and iOS.
    Opera: 14.0.0.104835
    iOS: 9.3.2

Thanks.

• brentm
    brentm
    Community Member

It looks like the browser extension version is: 4.5.6.90

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, personally I don't want to load another browser as Opera is perfect for me and I don't intend to use a different browser. I can use Opera on all my devices and sync my bookmarks etc.

@brentm: Fortunately, iOS comes with Safari, so there's no need to install anything else! And keep in mind that on iOS you're using Safari anyway. 3rd party browsers aren't allowed to bring their own engines. They're just a UI wrapper on a Safari webview.

It looks like the browser extension version is: 4.5.6.90

Ah. That's the desktop browser extension. It cannot be used on iOS. Like other iOS extensions, 1Password's is built into the app itself.

Now, I'm more of a Chrome and Safari guy myself, but I was able to install Opera mini 14 on iOS 9.3.2 and confirm what you're describing: as far as I can tell, Opera doesn't pass the current URL on to the extension like Safari and Chrome do. Without that, 1Password has no idea which website you're visiting, so you'll need to search for the login and select it to have 1Password fill it for you. There isn't anything we can do about this, so if you'd like Opera to behave differently you should contact its developers. Alternatively, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and the other browsers I use regularly work the way you'd like Opera to. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.