Agile1pAgent.exe change listener port

Options

Hi,

Agile1pAgent.exe is using port 9990 as listener port. Is there any possibility to change this port? Port 9990 is used by other applications, too. Therefore I would like to change the port.

Regards

Claus

Execution at command shell:

netstat -anb
[Agile1pAgent.exe]
TCP 127.0.0.1:9990 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Agile1pAgent.exe port

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @canderwald,

We don't use that port at all. You can see our range of ports here, starting with 6263 and if we can't establish a connection on that port, we then go to the next one on our list. 9990 is not on our list.

Are you using any VPN/Proxy services that may be interfering with 1Password?

• canderwald
    canderwald
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

I am not using any VPN or proxy services. Even if you do not have this port in your list, I am able to see by command "netstat -anb" that Agile1pAgent.exe has opened port 9990. This is reproducable at two different machines running on Windows 10 Pro.
    Maybe I forgot an additional detail. I am using Google Chrome v51.0 with the extension Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.5.6.90, too.

Regards

Claus

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @canderwald,

First, to answer your question directly, there is no way to change the ports right now for 1Password. The only reason the port would change is when it is blocked from establishing the default ports.

I've checked our source code, there's nothing for the 9990 (and my 17600) port but I've asked our engineering team and they'll let me know as soon as they can. It may be for the Wi-Fi sync, which is based on Bonjour.

I did check my machine:

So, it is using the default port as expected.

In Chrome, is 1Password working?

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using and if you have any app that would listen on the default 6263 port?

• canderwald
    canderwald
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi Mike,

one machine is running with Kaspersky, the other one with Avira Antivirus. The 1Password extension in Chrome is working very well. I have checked the ports again, Port 6263 is looking equal to your screenshot. But Agile1pAgent.exe is using the ports 6258 and 9990, too.

Regards

Claus

Edit: I noticed that Adobe Desktop Service is using port 17600. I guess that will let Agile1pAgent choose port 9990.

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @Canderwald,

Yea, that looks fine to me and the 17600 going to 9990 makes sense as well. I'm still waiting to hear back from the team on what we use that one for.

The 6258 port is for the older 1Password 3 extension, we listen on that port in case you have that. It'll be phased out in 1Password 6 for Windows we're working on.

This discussion has been closed.