Which license to upgrade to?

Options

My husband and I purchased 1Password 4 for Mac (family license) back in 2013, and since, did the free upgrade to 1Password 6. Because we have been using solely Apple devices up to this point, this has served us well. However, my husband is going back to school and needs to use 1Password on a Dell Venue 8 (Windows tablet). He would be the only one using the tablet, but we would both continue to use the Mac, as before. Must we transition to a subscription service in order for us both to continue using 1Password on the Mac (which would be difficult on our tight budget)? Or would "upgrading" to the single license, so that he can use 1Password on the Windows tablet, still allow us to use our current family license on our Mac? We have kids, and can see us needing the family subscription in the future, but as they are 5 and under, they don't really need it at all right now.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Which license to upgrade to?

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @zrarchuleta - Thank you for purchasing 1Password for Mac for your family. You can use your Mac license to add a 1Password for Windows license in our store. Use the Upgrade license option. You can still use your 1Password for Mac license for your family. I would definitely suggest 1Password Families in the near future as this will simplify any sharing of your passwords. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.