Dropbox syncing no longer works between MAC and iPhone

Options
Amazme1
Amazme1
Community Member

Apparently syncing has not taken place since last year. Have no idea when failure occurred.
Deleted and recreated vault in dropbox. Now sync never completes.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:1password not syncing through dropbox, kb:undefined, kb-search:sync failure

Comments

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member
    Options

I've had 1password for years and when it fails, its a big problem.
    ok, lets get started with this saga. I just learned in cross-checking 1Password between MAC and iPhone that dropbox sync is not working. I deleted and recreated the vault in dropbox with no change except that the sync never finishes now. So here I am. I had to go through this comment process, because you have no easy support ticket option. I'll be waiting for you to begin taking me through a process to fix this problem. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I must admit that you have been helpful in the past. We''ll see.

• Amazme1
    Amazme1
    Community Member
    Options

I recreated the dropbox sync in iOS on my iPhone, and while the sync seems to work the hourglass next to the wifi symbol at the top of my iPhone screen, now spins continuously while I'm on the sync screen even if I haven't pressed "Sync Now". I don't think that's normal and its probably using battery power.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync between Mac and iOS with Dropbox does not work.
  • Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @Amazme1,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble syncing your 1Password data between your Mac and iPhone, and we'll be very happy to help you fix this.

I hope you don't mind, I've consolidated your comments about this issue into one thread; we find we can help you better if we keep the discussion in one place.

Now, let's get to the fixing! :) The first several things that we suggest for troubleshooting Dropbox sync issues are all included in this step-by-step help article, which really does help resolve most common issues:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If, after reading through those steps and trying the suggestions there, you find that some items are still not syncing (that is, some of your items appear only on one device but not the other), then we'd ask you to please create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices. Here's how:

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we receive your email.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that you get a quick and helpful response. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: HRM-51924-774

This discussion has been closed.