Suggestion - Open Attachment with one Double Click

Options
OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited September 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In 1Password some entries have attachments.
Most of them are PDFs or Text files containing order or registration information.

When I want to view an attached file I have to
1. double click the attachment
2. select a folder where the attachment should be stored
3. save the the attachment
4. open this folder in the explorer
5. double click the file

In my old password manager KeePass I need to:
1. double click the attachment

You see that in KeePass this are less steps because KeePass performs the steps 2 to 5 that need to be done in 1Password automatically.

Next advantage of KeePass: after I double clicked the file, then KeePass is not only opening the file, KeePass also shows the following dialog:

So when I close the file I can choose if I want to

• replace the attachment with the modified attachment that KeePass extracted (so I can modify the file and KeePass stores the modified file)
  • discard possible changes (I just opened the file for watching it)

The most powerful option is noted at the bottom of the dialog:
No matter if I want to accept the changes or discard them, KeePass will secure delete the temporal file.

This is a very convenient and easy way to handle attachments, but also a secure way.
For 1Password I wish also such an powerful feature.
Please implement this in 1Password 6.

In Outlook I have a separate column that shows a small Icon when an email has an attachment.
Please add also such a column / such an icon in 1Password.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OLLI_S: Indeed. We're going to be exploring different ways of streamlining attachments/Documents handling as we develop the new version of 1Password, so these are definitely suggestions we'll keep in mind. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.