What to do when login/password does not work on a url? This occurs on several of my sites.

Options

For example, when I try to log into att.net, it just says "We were unable to complete "username" "password" fields. Other sites, such as my bank, send a red banner that says "The long running script on this page was stopped" then nothing else happens.

Not sure if I am saving the URL correctly, but I do it the same way with sites that work OK.

Using Windows 10, 1Password v.6.0.616u.
Also, there is no "preference" button on my version of 1PW

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ellwangerd: I'm sorry for the confusion! The issues you're having on those websites aren't related to 1Password; rather, you're getting an error because the login credentials are missing, and because of a misbehaving script on the page, respectively.

While 1Password can't resolve those issues, instead of using the Windows Store app which is an older version, please download the current 1Password 6 Windows desktop release. That at least will get you up to date with the latest improvements:

1Password 6 Windows desktop beta

Once you've done that, make sure you install the 1Password extension in your browser:

1Password browser extensions

Finally, while you'll still likely be running into some browser issues, if you'll let me know the browser version you're using, I may be able to suggest a workaround, but at the very least I'll be happy to walk you through using 1Password to login to AT&T as an example, since I use that site myself. Thanks in advance! :)

• ellwangerd
    ellwangerd
    Community Member
    Options

Well that did not work. my firefox version is 48.0.2. With ATT, i copy the url from the page that I log in on. Wonder if that makes a difference, because it is quite long.

• MikeT
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @ellwangerd,

Most likely the URL contained a unique session ID that will expire the next time you sign in.

Before we proceed, can you confirm that when you click on 1Password button in Firefox, you see the 1Password mini show up with a Login item for ATT?

Here's the URL that does work for me in Firefox: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute

Try to edit your ATT login and use the above URL before saving it. Let me know if it works better now.

This discussion has been closed.