Reminder to change "Critical" passwords

Options

Some passwords are critical because here I can have a monetary loss.
Examples: PayPal, Amazon, eBay and Online Banking.

It would be useful when I could mark these passwords as "Critical".
In the settings of OnePassword there is a new setting "Remind me to change Critical passwords every:" with the default value "6 months".
So when the last password change of one of those entries is older than 6 months, then I get a reminder for this entry.

Alternative suggestion: Let me define such a reminder for passwords.
I right click the password and select Remind me to change this password in > from the context menu.
When I select this entry, then a sub-menu opens where I can choose some period.

In the notification window (shown when the period is over) the user has a button "Remind me later" where he can choose a delay period.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AlexHoffmann
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @OLLI_S,

Happy Monday and thanks for writing in with more of your excellent feedback!
    We're looking into bringing a feature like this to 1Password in the future. Not just for passwords, though, but for credit cards (expiration dates) and similar things. I can't give you a timeline for this but rest assured that we're aware of this request.

That said: If you use a strong, randomly generated password that is only stored securely in 1Password, there's little to no benefit to changing it until there's a need to, like a data breach.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: OPM-1645?

This discussion has been closed.