Crashing iPad ios app when syncing with Dropbox

Options
bruggie
bruggie
Community Member

Since the latest 1password update on ios / iPad, when I open 1password and it begins to sync with Dropbox, the app suddenly crashes. This happens time and time again,even after I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. My iPad is iPad air. The app version appears to be 6.4.5.
Cheers, bruggie

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios 10.0.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Crash iOS iPad Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bruggie,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I apologize for the difficulty! This is certainly not normal or expected, assuming you are actually using v6. Could you please confirm?

• When you say 1Password crashes... what exactly does that look like? Are you suddenly returned to the home screen
    • How long after unlocking 1Password does this occur?
    • Does it occur every time you unlock 1Password, or only sometimes?
    • If you enable Air Plane mode on your iPad before launching 1Password does the crash still occur when you unlock it?

Please let us know.

Ben

• bruggie
    bruggie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben.
    As I mentioned, the version is the latest update, 6.4.5, and the app looks like the "D" 1password icon.
    I click on the App to open it, I'm prompted to enter the Master Password, which I do, and as soon as I press Unlock, it says Unlocked, opens the app and a split second later the app crashes (closes and returns to the home screen). It always occurs whenever I open the app. The next time I open the app though I'm always prompted to send a crash report before entering the Master Password.
    The problem still occurs when WIFI is turned off or on airplane mode.
    Note that I also have problems with the application on my Mac. The incident has been registered as [#KIA-17911-865].
    cheers. And hope you can help me out!
    bruggie

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @bruggie. We'll continue the conversation via email to avoid a duplication of efforts. :)

Ben

ref: KIA-17911-865

This discussion has been closed.