Multiple sites one username / password

Options
gdsdev
gdsdev
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,

Not sure wether or not it should be posted here or if the question had already been answered. I saw a question regarding amazon but it didn't really fit/described my problem.

I'm using Windows 10, and version 6. (Latest). Started with a beta a few Months back.

1. Adding multiple websites for the same login doesn't work in the Windows app, correct? Workaround: I had to use my ipad/iphone for that. Will that become available for Windows?

2. I've made a card for my NAS and added 2 websites to it. Internal LAN-name, and the external name.
    In an earlier beta both sites got recognized and filled. But for some reason, in later updates it doesn't work anymore. Only the external address get recognized. Is this a known issue? How to resolve this?

Thanks! Gerton

P.S. I'm a non-native english speaker so please excuse me for the mistakes i made in this message.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.b1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Mr_Kai
    Mr_Kai
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I have the exact same question. I found forum posts by AgileBits staff explaining how to do this, however, it seems that 1Password for Windows has changed since then, and their instructions no longer apply.

(I also can't find a way to add new fields, like is described in old posts here)

I'll post if I come by anything.

• AlexHoffmann
    edited October 2016
    Options

@gerton Thanks for reaching out!

(Don't worry about your English, it's great!)

Adding multiple websites for the same login doesn't work in the Windows app, correct? Workaround: I had to use my ipad/iphone for that. Will that become available for Windows?

Adding more than one URL isn't possible at the moment but it's high up on our list of things to improve.

I've made a card for my NAS and added 2 websites to it. Internal LAN-name, and the external name. In an earlier beta both sites got recognized and filled. But for some reason, in later updates it doesn't work anymore. Only the external address get recognized. Is this a known issue? How to resolve this?

That should work in the current public version (6.1.272)

I just tried this on my end with my internal and external address for my Synology server and it worked well.

Can you give us more details, please?

Cheers,

Alex

• gdsdev
    gdsdev
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann

Thanks for the reply. I also have a Synology nas.
    I found out that I had 3 websites added for the NAS.
    External, Internal Name & Internal IP-address. (+portnumber)

I found that:
    1. it works with the external name
    2. it works with the ip-address+portnumber
    3. it doesn't work when i use: https://DS215:5001
    4. I checked the URL from within the 1Password application and it works, showing me the website and trying to login (forgetting the username but adding the password)
    5. The plugin doesn't recognize the URL (in 3.) and gives all the logins in alphabetical order.

What have i done so far today.

• I've removed and reinstalled the plugin.
    • Removed and added the internal name & ip-address
    • arranging the order of the sites within the iPhone app.

No success so far.

• Hey @gdsdev,

Thanks for the clarification and the steps to reproduce. I just managed to see the exact behaviour you described with my own server.

I pinged a colleague about this and learned that this is an issue with the formatting of the URL. It's neither a regular URL with a proper Top-Level Domain, nor an IP address and that throws off 1Password's internal logic.
    In addition, the browser doesn't know what you're looking for either, until it pinged the entire network and the server replies back with an IP address that the browser and later 1Password can use.

Improving support for intranet URLs like this is on our list but it might take a while for this to be improved upon.
    In the meantime, I'd suggest making the IP+port number the first URL in the entry. I can confirm that it works well for me.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.