Data on 1Password.com, iOS, Windows not the same

Options

Comments

• RedFeet
    RedFeet
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @brenty,

In my 1Password6 on Windows 10 I had 32 items, it was a free evaluation, until I upgraded it to a family organiser account. That forced me to change the url and the key to my account (I kept the same pw).
    In the web version and on synced devices (iPhone) I have only 21 items.

I tried several different solutions from this forum (1 was the migration path, 1 was the 'not syncing' problem and 1 was the copy local vault items to an online vault)

Solutions I tried:
    1. sign in from within 1Password6 into my new (family) account.
    2. find local opvault or agilekeychain files (not found)
    3. backing up the local App data
    4. selecting all items and copying them from Personal to a Vault (it looked like nothing got copied, but after signing out and signing in again, I suddenly had 72 items... but they are almost all unreadable...

I ended up with a long list of unreadable scrambled items like "djsd3267dsheyhdjhch; item #62" etc.

Fortunately, I also exported a .txt file (which surprisingly happens to contain plain text passwords).

What should I do to get a usable list of at least the items synced from the online vaults and is there a way to import the contents of the .txt file? Because when I select the Import function from the 1Password6 menu it let's me only select .1pif files, which I don't have.
    It would be more useful/make sense to have import functionality which supports the export format(s)...

Thanks for helping me out or explaining me what I should have done in the first place.

Tune

• Hey @RedFeet, thanks for writing in.

We're sorry to hear that you're having these issues. We'll help you clear everything up.
    I split your post from the rest of the thread because it looks like your problem is different from those of the other forum members.

I need to ask you a few questions first to better understand what is going on.

In my 1Password6 on Windows 10 I had 32 items, it was a free evaluation, until I upgraded it to a family organiser account.

Am I right in understanding that you had an individual account on 1Password.com? The URL for those is my.1password.com.

That forced me to change the url and the key to my account (I kept the same pw).

You mean you had to choose a URL for the 1Password Families account, right?

In the web version and on synced devices (iPhone) I have only 21 items.

Are those entirely different items than you have in 1Password 6 for Windows?

selecting all items and copying them from Personal to a Vault (it looked like nothing got copied, but after signing out and signing in again, I suddenly had 72 items... but they are almost all unreadable...

Did you try to copy them to a vault outside of either of your 1Password.com accounts? That won't work but I'm curious why you'd have 72 items all of a sudden.

Fortunately, I also exported a .txt file (which surprisingly happens to contain plain text passwords).

You used the CSV export feature. These are always unencrypted, otherwise the application you're importing them into won't be able to read them.

Now…

Can you please tell me whether you still have access to the individual 1Password.com account (my.1password.com)? If so, can you please check whether the 32 items still exist in the web version?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.