Shortcut Key (Ctrl+\) Does Not Work After Upgrading to 1Password 6

Options
joshjeppson
joshjeppson
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension. Rebooted. Authorized and unauthorized Chrome. Started and stopped 1Password and 1Password Mini. Suggestions?

I sync to my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. MacBook shortcut key (Cmd+) works fine.

I can click the extension and select a login and it fills, but the shortcut does nothing.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox, 1Password.com

Comments

• joshjeppson
    joshjeppson
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Control + Alt + \ does nothing for me
    There is no File menu in v6 as far as I can tell. I think you're talking about 4.x here.
    I can change the shortcut key from Control + [Alt] + # to Control + [Alt] + \ and that shows all logins.
    However, there doesn't seem to be a way to only show relevant logins and/or autofill a single login.
    I run three monitors.

My list of extensions... is extensive ;)

• 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet
    • Application Launcher for Drive (by Google)
    • Chrome Remote Desktop
    • EditThisCookie
    • Ember Inspector
    • Evernote Web Clipper
    • feedly
    • Ghostery
    • Google Docs
    • Google Docs Offline
    • Google Drawings
    • Google Sheets
    • Google Slides
    • Momentum
    • Page Refresh
    • RescueTime for Chrome™ & ChromeOS™
    • Tag Assistant (by Google)
    • The Great Suspender

However, I've tried disabling all but 1Password to no avail.

• joshjeppson
    joshjeppson
    Community Member
    Options

I just noticed this at the bottom of my extension list:

Clicking the Keyboard shortcuts link yields:

However, I can't set the shortcut to Ctrl + \. I hold down Ctrl and it shows Ctrl but then I press \ and nothing. Many other combos work.

Perhaps Chrome is disallowing this combo now?

• joshjeppson
    joshjeppson
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, I did see this link: https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcut-not-working/

However, the images and text all refer to an old version of the extension and the old version of the app.

• Hi @joshjeppson,

I've split the other posts out into their own thread as they were using 1Password 4.

Are you using a non-US keyboard layout? The fact that you changed from # to \ tells me you were using a different keyboard layout where 1Password would've change it to Control + # / Control + Alt + # instead. This is due to the fact that certain keyboard layouts don't have \ in the same place and difficult to use because of AltGr == Control + Alt shortcut as well. German, Spanish, and a few others would use # instead.

Please try changing it back to # and restart both 1Password and your browser, try Control + # now and see if it works in your browser.

We don't use the Chrome shortcuts at all, the shortcut is picked by up the 1Password app since you can bring up 1Password mini anywhere you want, which is useful for copy/pasting data into third party apps.

• joshjeppson
    joshjeppson
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I do have Spanish language/keyboard support installed, in addition to English. However, I only enable it briefly when communicating with colleagues. It would not have been the current language when 1Password was installed. Does the 1Password 6 installer look at the current language/keyboard or what is installed when deciding on the initial shortcut key? It appears to have been the latter. For me, at least, that was surprising and confusing. However, I think my issue is resolved.

• Yes, 1Password looks at the locale of the keyboard when you first set it up.
    We do this because on many keyboard layouts the \ isn't easily accessible.

We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback.

Don't hesitate to write us again if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.