Firefox ext 4.6.1 will not install with ESET

Options
Jeff_L
Jeff_L
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I updated 1Password today to version 4.6.1.616 and started receiving multiple prompts to update the extension which failed. I removed the current installed version on Firefox 49.0.2. I downloaded the file manually. When I drag to the add-ins window the error message "This add-on could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt. I am running Eset as my A/V, disabled but no change. No other anti-malware software installed.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox extension 6.1 will not install file is corrupted

Comments

• Hi @Jeff_L,

Thanks for writing in. This is caused by ESET and disabling isn't enough, we're trying to work with them to whitelist 1Password but it is going to take a while. Please try this and see if it helps:

1. Open your ESET anti-malware program.
    2. Select Setup > Advanced setup > WEB AND EMAIL > SSL/TLS.
    3. Click the Edit button next to List of known certificates and the Add button in the List of known certificates window that opens.
    4. Click the Add button in the Add certificate window and then click the URL button next to Import certificate from.
    5. Copy the following address, paste it into the text field in the Load certificate from URL window, and click OK: d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net
    6. Select Auto for Access action, Ignore for Scan action, and click OK to confirm the setting in all windows.
  • Jeff_L
    Jeff_L
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

That resolved the issue, appreciate the quick response.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• You're most welcome, @Jeff_L,

We're working on a permanent solution with ESET right now to remove the need for the user to set any kind of exception.

Tell us if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.