Open and fill failing for etsy.com Login

Options
Happy13
Happy13
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have all the latest browers, extensions, etc. I am using Safari el Capitan. I cleared the extensions, I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension. I rebooted my computer and ONE site (etsy) is not allowing the pw to fill in the correct slot. Thanks for your time in advance. I have spent an hour just to make this one website work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Happy13: I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what is the URL were you're encountering this issue? Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. Thanks in advance! :)

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Ok sorry. Followed all the steps here to trouble shoot and manually save:https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

OsX:10.11.6
    1pw families :6.3.5
    Safari version:10

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Ps uninstalled and reinstalled 1 password extensions

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Pps not sure what you mean by synch type ? In this case not sure applicable but you went with the standard I guess

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry i just went with the standard I guess cloud synch

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Happy13,

The link brenty supplied is somewhat generalised. It asks certain basics to cover a variety of situations where we might need this information so you're quite right, how or if you're syncing at all is quite irrelevant to the question at hand.

Can I ask you to try something for me please. What happens if you create a new Login item by following the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser? Does it behave any better or worse than your existing item?

If you're still having trouble can I ask, is it just the standard login form on etsy's main page that you're having trouble with?

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Yes to both questions.
    Etsy.com front page upper right side login
    As I stated, I did do it manually and uninstalled etc all the steps in your two links that I posted.
    Saving manually behaves the same. Actually, I can't get pw to save any other way. Was working prior to families setup . It fills in name in empty search? Field on bottom of etsy page.
    Sorry, I wasn't being smart about the synch, I honestly don't know on it was the point I was making, not so much that it's not germane to the problem
    Thx for yr help

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Ps having problems with i0s working at all

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Also in addition to the mac password which was the above question

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Happy13,

Sorry, I did miss you supplied two links there.

It's odd. I'm testing in 6.3.5 with the 4.6.1 extension in Safari. I can save a new Login at Etsy and it fills the fields correctly when I reload the page.

Can I ask, are you trying to use open and fill or are you visiting https://www.etsy.com and clicking on the Sign in button so that their login form is visible before you fill? As they use this modal dialog on the main page open and fill won't work as 1Password doesn't know how to make the form appear, it can only try to fill the page in front of it. Could this be the cause of the differences we're seeing?

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Yes so I go to etsy and then click on upper right hand box login. Then a separate foreground box appears with logins fields

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Rather not login it says signin and then box appears

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Happy13,

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report for me please, this guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report I hope we can figure out why it seems to work for me but not good self.

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, the email to send to is different in the guide link you provided above from the specific one you sent. Thanks.

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Hiya lil bobby tables
    Sorry I've slept since last post so I see what u mean
    It now WILL fill in once I press sign in and the name and password fields come up
    It will NOT open and fill
    Yep
    Report sent

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @Happy13,

So it sounds like 1Password is working as well as it can in this situation then. 1Password will only, can only attempt to fill the page in front of it so in terms of open and fill it does struggle with sites that don't have a dedicated login page. If a site requires you to click somewhere to have the login form displayed you should still find filling the current page with the likes of ⌘\ works, it's just that open and fill won't. At least we're definitely seeing the same results, it's always puzzling when we see different things from the user in what seems to be similar situations :smile:

ref: XUZ-48311-844

• Happy13
    Happy13
    Community Member
    Options

Thx my friend for yr help

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could :smile:

This discussion has been closed.