1Password 6 won't start

Options

Hi guys!

As the topic states 1Password 6 on Windows 10 won't start. I installed .Net 4.6.2 as mentioned in other discussions as well as updated Windows 10 to (hopefully) lates Version.

The installation of 1P version 6.1.296 went without any error messages. The first time, before the Windows update and .Net 4.6.2, the program chrashed while launching. Unfortunately I don't have any logs. Since then nothing really happens, when I want to start 1Password. There is no UI or a message or something else. A background task appears for a short time but is killed eventually.

I am using a Asus E200HA notebook with only 2 GB of RAM.

Maybe you have an idea?

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Herr_Freigang,

Thanks for writing in.

That sounds like a .NET exception, which is why you don't see any dialog from our crash submission tool as it is not an internal 1Password crash but a crash prior to the app's launch.

Can you send us the logs from Windows' Event Viewer, here's how:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for "Event Viewer" and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand "Custom Views" on the top and then click on "Administrative Events"
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source ".NET Runtime". Right-click on the error to select "Copy > Copy Details as text".
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad and attach it in your email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Please also include the link to this thread and your forum username, so we can connect the email to this thread.

Thanks!

• Herr_Freigang
    Herr_Freigang
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Mail should be on it's way.

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply ASAP.

ref: KYS-85633-151

This discussion has been closed.