Problem with window position after using external monitor

Options

Hi,

I noticed a weird issue with the Windows helper program. After i've used the 1Password app with an external monitor
the app saves the absolute position of the Window. It will then always open on the same X and Y.
The problem is, when i don't have access to my external monitor the program is rendered outside the visible region.

The position cannot be reset with WIN+Left or WIN+Right.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to reset it somehow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmitrev,

Sorry for the troubles! Here is what you can do now:

1) Hold Shift and right click on 1Password icon the taskbar to move/restore window and keep it on the first monitor.
    2) Download the latest beta of 1Password 6 (here is how) and then press Control + Alt while opening 1Password to reset the window boundary data.

We are aware of the issue with windows positioning and working on a fix. Thank you for reaching out! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

++
    Greg 8-)

• dmitrev
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @Greg,

Thank you for your reply. It seems like i had a different issue. Your solution did not work for me, or i may have did something wrong.
    I ended up fixing it by pressing Shift + Right mouse click -> **restore **and then Shift + Right mouse click -> **maximize ** and the window magically appeared.

Edit: screenshot
    https://i.imgur.com/TWqS1hV.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that worked for you. We're working on some improvements to make 1Password manage this better, and also make it easier to work around. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.