Proxy Settings before Login to 1PW for Teams

Options
Stefan Schweizer
Stefan Schweizer
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
I was wondering if there is chance to provide the proxy setting feature (or better username/password) to 1Password 6 before trying to signing in to the Teams/Families account. I had 2 users today that wanted to add their logins but cause we have a Proxy Server (auto script config proxy pac) they did not succeed (I guess cause they weren't able to add the proxy login information before they could sign in). Once your in there is an option under network but before....or did we miss something (with those flat designes nowadays are somethimes easy to overlook something).
Thanks, Stefan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stefan Schweizer: Sorry it wasn't obvious: if you click the Settings "gear" icon in the lower right, you can enter your proxy credentials:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

You guys rock and I am embarrassed now :) . Sorry I did just not see that down there and my colleagues neither, maybe cause we knew it is upper right corner once you inside, I don't know, maybe we just getting old and blind ha ha ha.
    Cheers

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @Stefan Schweizer,

No worries, we didn't do a good job making this more visible. We actually have plans to redesign that area and make it clear that it is for proxy settings like putting Configure your proxy here and/or add the same option on the sign-in views as well.

Let us know if this worked for you guys. There are specific proxy setups we do not support at the moment such as the PAC files, so this may be your issue.

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT . Yes we do have a Pac file configured. We might need to do a firewall exclusion then for the time being. Any plans adding proxy pacs as well?

• Hi @Stefan Schweizer,

Yes, we have plans to support it in a future update but no ETA yet, we do want to do it sooner as it is somewhat popular among businesses.

Would it be okay if we can reach out to you to help us test a private build when we do add support for it? There are various ways PAC files can be deployed and we might not be able to catch them all.

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT That sounds good. Absolutely would we be willing to do some testing. We deploy the proxy pac thru GPO and get them from an IIS as well as from our BlueCoat Proxy directly, so we could try both variants for you guys. I also have a Fortinet Fortigate available here that I can point to for testing.

• Hi @Stefan Schweizer,

Awesome, we certainly will get in touch with you to try all of these setups. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.