confused on 1pass V4 and V6......

Options

I'd like to self-backup so I bought a single license (not subscribe) on agilebits store...and I found that V6 is prepared for subscribe users.

So I should install V4. Is that correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @pzmobile,

Thank you for being awesome and using 1Password! :)

You are correct. 1Password 6 is focused on our 1Password accounts and supports local vaults in read-only mode at the moment. The full support for local vaults is coming to 1Password 6, but for now it is safe to use 1Password 4.

Sorry for this confusion! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

1Password 4 is a mature product while 1Password 6 for Windows is still in development so, given time, it should "catch up" with 1Password 4 for Windows.

• pzmobile
    pzmobile
    Community Member
    Options

:) Thanks.

I also found that 1pass v4 v6 doesn't have any Chinese localization. I can do some help on that if you need.

• Hi guys,

1Password 4 is a mature product while 1Password 6 for Windows is still in development so, given time, it should "catch up" with 1Password 4 for Windows.

Correct and hopefully, not too much time before it can be an upgrade to 1Password 4.

I also found that 1pass v4 v6 doesn't have any Chinese localization. I can do some help on that if you need.

Thanks for your offer, we'll be sure to reach out as soon as 1Password 6 can support translations. Right now, the interface is unicode/multi-byte supported in 1Password 6, where 1Password 4 doesn't, which meant Chinese/Russian and other languages were not working well, even though we have these translations. So, we're half-way to the proper localization support in 1Password 6, we just need to polish it up to start accepting localizations.

This discussion has been closed.