Difference between web and client

Options
HermanRonk
HermanRonk
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

For most of my 1Password entries I see two passwords in the Windows client and only one when I log in to the website. Most of the time only one of the two password fields is working. This is really confusing.

Making one of the two password entries does not remove the extra password field, but can result in the situation that I can't see the password in the web client..

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

@HermanRonk: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! Did you perhaps import the data from another app? It may be simplest to duplicate the item and remove the one with the extra field. And since you can always roll back to a previous version of the item, there isn't any risk to doing so. Let me know if that helps!

• HermanRonk
    HermanRonk
    Community Member
    Options

I have over 290 records, so duplicating them will be a lot of work..

I imported the data at the start, but the problem started later with the new Windows client.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HermanRonk: Oh wow. Thanks for clarifying! I wasn't clear that this was affecting so many entries. Do you still have the source you imported from? What process did you use to migrate your data? Perhaps there's something we can come up with that will make this easier, and improve the process for others in the future. Thanks in advance!

• HermanRonk
    HermanRonk
    Community Member
    Options

I do have the source (keepass), but that was a long time ago, the older Windows 10 (UWP) app didn't show the double passwords and neither does the web client so I didn't notice the change until the end of the beta of the windows 10 application. Sadly I can't tell exactly when the double entries appeared.

The best option for me would be the possibility to remove one of the two password fields. It still would be a time consuming task, but it is doable and faster than duplicating the entries manually.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @HermanRonk,

This was an importer bug back in an old beta build, it duplicated the fields incorrectly into the database, which is why only the Windows app shows this but not others, they are not aware of the other duplicated field including the UWP app. The next major update to the UWP version of 1Password will show these duplicated fields as well as we will update it to match the same code as the desktop version.

We did ask to reimport the data cleanly in the next beta update's changelog when we've fixed the importer bugs but it wasn't enough to reach out to everyone. We'll do a different method next time.

There are two ways you can work around this for the moment:

1. Wait for us to implement the full item editor, this will let you delete these duplicated fields manually. We don't have a timeframe but it is near the top of our list to implement soon. This won't require you to duplicate anything.
    2. Reimport the data in a separate vault in your 1Password.com account, manually update them to include the recent changes. Once you're done, delete the older items in the original vault and copy all content from the newer vault into this original vault. Once you're done, you can then delete the new imported vault.
  • HermanRonk
    HermanRonk
    Community Member
    Options

I'll be waiting for the full item editor since a lot of passwords have changed since the initial import.

Thanks for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise! We're working hard to get it ready. :)

This discussion has been closed.