Firefox Extension

Options

Good Morning,
I have Firefox 50 and have 1Password 4.6.2 that I downloaded this morning. When pressing the extension get the error "The address wasn’t understood". this is an extension computer as I have 1password installed on my home computer and this is for work.. I has logged into 1pasword from here through the browser but would prefer to use the extension. Your help would be appreciated,.

1Password Version: NoneNewbie
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @MST,

Thanks for writing in.

You would need to install 1Password 6 on your work PC to use the extension. The extension itself doesn't have any UI or data, it communicates in the background with the main 1Password app to bring up its UI and data for you. The extension is mainly used for the filling and saving data while the rest is handled by 1Password mini in 1Password 6.

Once you install 1Password 6, it should understand the address schema and open up 1Password right away.

I hope this helps.

• MST
    MST
    Community Member
    Options

OK so know I loaded 1password on the work computer, and when I click on the extension I get a welcome to 1password. But it is asking me to open an existing vault, since I am not a new users or restoring?. The existing vault that i am thinking it uses would be on the home computer.. So I am lost ro if you would not mid what is my next step?

• MST
    MST
    Community Member
    Options

OK so loaded the wrong 1password program on my computer, used a mini version got the 6 full version on my computer and logged in we are up and running,. Thanks Mike

• Hi @MST,

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad you got it working now. I should've provided a link in my post to the 1Password 6 app, sorry about that.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.