Future of 1Password on Windows?

Options
gorham
gorham
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi. It seems all the wonderful updates (for instance today's Thanksgiving notification) are for Mac and now Teams. I know it was originally developed for the Mac and I'm grateful for my Windows version and the years of security it's provided. But I'm wondering whether, aside from security updates, we can look for any wondrousness for Windows users.

-G.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1.616 (19)
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:Discontinuing 1PW for Windows?

Comments

• Hi @gorham,

Thanks for writing in.

Have you seen our blog post on 1Password 6 for Windows (Teams for now) here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/10/13/windows-teams/

That will eventually turn into 1Password 6 upgrade for 1Password 4 customers with local vaults support as well. We just need more time to improve the app, add write/modification support for local vaults and many more in the next few months.

If you want to give it a try now, you can. While it is for 1Password.com Teams, it will work for 1Password.com Individuals and Families and it can read local vaults, it just can't write to it yet.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

8-) Apologies. I did not know about the blog or, for that matter, that the Teams version could be used by individuals. I probably wasn't paying close attention. I will indeed give it a try!

Thanks (as always) for your patience.

-G.

• You're welcome and we'd love to hear any feedback you have on 1Password 6. There is a lot of work to do but it should be much faster to use compared to 1Password 4, there's the Hi-DPI support built-in and All Vaults would help with switching vaults without having to enter the passwords for each one.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Well I got all signed up, passworded (?) and welcomed. But I can't figure out how to actually get it to my desktop or get the extensions. Truth to tell I probably don't really have the time to do it justice right now. But I'll keep the account and hope to get my head above water soon. 8-)

• Hi @gorham,

I assume you're talking about the 1Password.com service and not just 1Password 6, you can ask 1Password 6 to open your file from 1Password 4 without using 1Password.com service, it'll just be read-only for the moment.

When you do have time, here's the guide that will help with setting up 1Password 6 and the 1Password.com account, basically you just install the app, sign into your 1Password.com account and your data automatically shows up.

If you have 1Password 4, your extensions are already installed as 1Password 6 uses the same extensions. If you have no plans to uninstall 1Password 4, you can use this guide to force the extensions to connect to 1Password 6.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

Oy!

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Yo!

Was there something you wanted to say?

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

No. Just "oy". http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oy

I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I'll get around to v. 6 as soon as I can.

• Ah, okay. I understand. We'll be here if you need any further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.