Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited.

Options

Hi,

We are getting the same error message today, even though we are using 1Password as normal. I for example have a login that I hardly use however when i try to login using my browser, it says that its limited.

Also as a separate question really, how often does the Windows application sync? Is it instant? Every 5 minutes?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited.

Comments

• lebartha
    lebartha
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Just saying that this feature is somewhat annoying. We should be able to use it as often as we like since we use it for business. We constantly look, update our data in 1Password, we can't have it so it locks us out. All our clients VPN information is in there.

• lebartha
    lebartha
    Community Member
    Options

Also it happens for all our users, not just one, when they are already logged into the application.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @lebartha, sorry for the trouble here!

What version of 1Password are you using? This was a bug on a previous build of 1Password 6 that was fixed in version 6.1.296; can you click on the settings button and confirm that you're using the latest stable version.

Once you've confirmed that you're on 6.1.296, go to your account on 1Password.com and attempt to sign in. If you get the "temporarily limited" message, wait until the timer is fulfilled and attempt to sign in again. As soon as you're able to sign back into 1Password.com, open 1Password 6 and go to "Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Sign into 1Password Account" and re-enter your Team's credentials or scan the QR-code on your Emergency Kit.

This should refresh your account credentials and allow you to use 1Password without running into this rate limiting issue.

If you're still having trouble:
    If you run into any issues while following these steps, I'd love to see a diagnostic report in order to better help to get a better idea of whats going. Can you follow the directions here to generate a diagnostic report and send an email to support+windows@agilebits.com with the diagnostic report attached.

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

As for your other questions:

Just saying that this feature is somewhat annoying. We should be able to use it as often as we like since we use it for business. We constantly look, update our data in 1Password, we can't have it so it locks us out. All our clients VPN information is in there.

This is a bug and this is not how things should be working. Once we get some information, we'll be able to guide you on the best way to fix this issue

Also as a separate question really, how often does the Windows application sync? Is it instant? Every 5 minutes?

1Password 6 doesnt sync on a specific time interval, rather, it waits to be notified by the 1Password.com cloud of a change, then we sync.

• lebartha
    lebartha
    Community Member
    Options

We have 6.1.296d, at least I do. I can make sure everyone is up to date. Thanks I will follow up if we have any other issue. Thanks again!

• Thanks, let us know here when you've sent us the logs via email.

• lebartha
    lebartha
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it. My 1Password email is different from this account at support. However it is from Lenard Bartha.

• Hi @lebartha,

I found the email and will reply to you soon.

ref: SDR-67191-791

• lebartha
    lebartha
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

It is happening again on my login, however i have the latest version for Windows, 6.1.308d. I will be sending the diagnostics.

• Thanks, we got the email and will check into it for you.

This discussion has been closed.