I can't edit the address for an existing identity.

Options
vbdcb
vbdcb
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I want to change the address for an existing identity. I can open the identity and edit the address but when I press OK the changes aren't saved.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Pr ovided
OS Version:Win10
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit identity

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @vbdcb,

Thanks for writing in.

I've tried this and it saved the changes. Can you open that item in 1Password and scroll to the very bottom, there should be two timestamps, can you tell me when this item was created?

Also, are you having any difficulties with creating new Identity items?

• vbdcb
    vbdcb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, sorry for taking so long to respond. The created date is 6/3/2010. Funny thing is that if I try to change the address, the change to the address doesn't stick but the update date is set to the current datetime.

Also, i can create new identities.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vbdcb: Thanks for following up. That's really strange. It sounds like the file itself is damaged or has a permissions issue that's preventing 1Password from writing to it. Are you able to duplicate it (Ctrl D) and edit the new copy? I'm guessing that will work. Frankly, I wonder if 1Password will even be able to delete the original copy. Let me know what you find!

• vbdcb
    vbdcb
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to duplicate it, but the same issue still exists on the duplicated copy as well. I was also able to delete the original identity after duplication. I guess I'll have to rebuild it from scratch. Puzzling.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vbdcb: As much as I'd love to get to the bottom of this, we really can't ask you to share the data. It seems like creating a new Identity item is the way to go. Thanks for checking that for me at least. It's something we'll keep an eye out for!

This discussion has been closed.