How to edit Web Form Details using 1Password v6 for Windows [Not yet supported, coming soon]

Options
ceg999
ceg999
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

How do you edit the Web Form Details for 1Password v6 for Windows? I cannot seem to find a way to do this either using the Desktop app or online?

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family Online Account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @ceg999,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, this is not yet possible in 1Password 6. We're working on a brand new item editor, which has mostly shipped already in the new 1Password 6.2.328d beta 1 update available now and we hope to finish it up to ship it as a stable update very soon. After that, we can start adding complex features such as Related Items, Web Form details and so on.

Is there something specific you need to edit?

• ceg999
    ceg999
    Community Member
    Options

1Password saved too much information and I want to remove fields that are not necessary. I could update the URL to be the right one but the extra fields I want to remove. I used to use version 4 and it was very easy to edit the contents of the Web Form Details. I used this all the time. I look forward to the new version to be released to allow me to do these basic tasks.

• Hi @ceg999,

Thanks for writing back. That's strange, 1Password wouldn't save more than what it needs to fill in properly next time.

Did you let 1Password save a new Login item on a registration form instead of the login page? 1Password only saves what is needed to fill correctly next time and if you do it on a registration form, it will save all of these excessive fields as well.

• ceg999
    ceg999
    Community Member
    Options

The form was saved on a registration page which included fields I don't want saved. I normally would go back in and update the URL to the right login page (which I could do with v6) and remove the fields that I don't want anymore (which I can't do in v6). I auto generate a password so I need to save the password right away so I do not lose it. If I said No to saving then I wouldn't have the password for use on the real login page. It is best to save it right away and then go back and edit the contents.

• Hi @ceg999,

Ok, that makes sense, thank you.

1Password automatically records every password you generate with 1Password's Password Generator into the Password category for this reason, so you don't get locked out and can always find it later.

You can see it in action by doing this:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select Password Generator and press Copy
    2. Open the main 1Password app, go to the Passwords category on the sidebar and then sort it by date, you'll see the most recent generated ones on top.

In future updates soon, we will add the following:

1. the Password Generator's password history to 1Password mini, so it will show you all the generated passwords you've used on the site.
    2. We will improve the Password Generator to record the site you're on, so that when you visit the site's login, 1Password mini will show you the password item it created for the site and you can click on it to fill the password into the site. Once you login, 1Password will ask if you want to save it and once you approve it, 1Password will get rid of the redundant password item automatically since it has been converted to a Login item.
  • ceg999
    ceg999
    Community Member
    Options

When I created my Password using the Generator earlier for the site, why didn't it save it to the 1Password App? The only one listed is the one you had me create with the steps above. I would have expected the older one as well. That makes me concerned that the password that I create while going to a new site and creating a login would not be saved and then I would not have it later to log into with.

• Hi @ceg999,

Where exactly did you create the password? You must click on Copy in the standalone password generator to do this, it won't save anywhere else like if you've dismiss it with ALT+F4 or clicking on the 'x' button to close the window.

• ceg999
    ceg999
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I had clicked on Copy. I will keep a watch on this and let you know if I run into any issues. Thank you for your help.

• You're welcome, please do keep us informed of your progress. We want to make sure 1Password always have your back when it comes to this.

The reason we require the copy button click is to avoid excessive saving of each password you generate that you may not use. There isn't a way for us to know if you're going to use it or not.

This discussion has been closed.