Win10 Chrome extension doesn't work as shown in your tutorials

Options

I'm using Win10, Chrome, just installed the app and browser extension, and added 3 different accounts to test. Watching your tutorial video, my browser extension does not work as shown in your support. https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/
Using my FB to follow along, when I go to "current password" box and click the 1password button, I see "FB", but hoovering over it does nothing. If I right click, I see a list, "username, password", or if I click it will fill in the password. But hoovering does nothing. And so I never see the Copy or Password Generator options necessary to make it work. I have MS Edge installed as well, but understand it doesn't support extensions? And I don't see extensions on your website for Edge or IE. I really with to use Chrome. Can you help? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Win 10 home version 1607
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Using my FB to follow along, when I go to "current password" box and click the 1password button, I see "FB", but hoovering over it does nothing. If I right click, I see a list, "username, password", or if I click it will fill in the password. But hoovering does nothing. And so I never see the Copy or Password Generator options necessary to make it work.

@john_onepwbuyer: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows app doesn't yet have all of the bells and whistles (and hovers) that our established Mac app does, but our goal is to make it very similar to the Mac app, and we're doing that steadily over time.

In the mean time, you can copy your password by right-clicking the login in 1Password mini, and then clicking "password" under the Copy options (as you mentioned above):

Then, if you click the "gear" icon for Settings, you can open the Password Generator.

I have MS Edge installed as well, but understand it doesn't support extensions? And I don't see extensions on your website for Edge or IE. I really with to use Chrome. Can you help? Thanks.

While 1Password cannot yet integrate with Edge, we're working with Microsoft to get the necessary frameworks in place so we can in the future. Internet Explorer support, however, is not planned at this time, as Microsoft is no longer developing it either.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.