Duplicates

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there any way to cleanup duplicate passwords,.

Comments

• wrbuckjr
    wrbuckjr
    Community Member
    Options

I have ended up with multiple duplicate entries (e.g. two or three duplicates of logins and of secure notes) in 1Password 6 for Windows (installed this morning). The duplicates also appear in the trash folder but efforts to empty that seem not to have remedied the problem. I'd be grateful for any advice. I can forward a diagnostic report if that would be helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wrbuckjr: I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Windows category of the forums so we don't confuse things, since you'd replied to another user's discussion about 1Password for Mac.

Do you maybe have the same data in multiple vaults in 1Password? For example, if you'd opened a local vault and copied your data to your 1Password.com Account, All Vaults would be showing two of each item, since each would have identical contents.

Also, if you have items in the Trash of a local vault, not part of your 1Password.com Account, they cannot be emptied, as local vaults are read only currently.

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• wrbuckjr
    wrbuckjr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much. I hadn't realized that duplicate vaults had been created when I was migrating data to 1Password.com. I've now deleted those and the problem is resolved. Thanks, again.

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.