Opera browser extension unable to connect to 1Password (Helper)

Options

Hello,

since this morning I am experiencing problems with my 1Password browser extension in Opera. Below are some of the steps I took regarding this problem:

1. When I click on the extension in the browser nothing happens.
  2. On the https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html page it says "Couldn't connect to 1Password" and I need to make sure the helper is running.
  3. 1Password show in the settings that the Opera extension 4.6.2.90 is installed.
  4. Reinstalled the extension numerous times and restarted my computer in between without any improvement. (Went through the steps of the support document "https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/#if-1password-still-isn-t-working-in-your-browser")
  5. In Chrome the extension works as usual.

Best regards,
Hendrik

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit (Build 7601)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @JohnnyFJohnsson,

Thank you for getting in touch and providing us with the exact steps to reproduce the issue. It really helps! :+1:

I wonder what version of Opera are you using at the moment? The thing is that Opera has changed their code signature for version 42, which breaks our code signature check and blocks it from connecting to 1Password Helper. See this reply from Mike for the temporary workaround.

We recommend this solution only if you absolutely must use Opera in the mean time. The fix to this issue will be added to 1Password 4 as soon as possible.

I hope it helps. If it doesn't, please let us know, so we could take a closer look. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• JohnnyFJohnsson
    JohnnyFJohnsson
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Greg,

thank you for your quick response. I am indeed using Opera version 42.xxx and unchecking 1Password to verify the code signature of the browser resolved the issue. But I will wait for the update and use another browser for the time being as the issue is not worth the risk.

Thanks again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnnyFJohnsson: Thank you for your understanding! :)

This issue should fixed in the latest beta update for 1Password 6, but if you prefer using local vaults with 1Password 4, please wait for the update. It will come soon.

If you have any other questions about 1Password, we are always ready to help. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.