Chrome refused browser connection

Options
FuturDesign
FuturDesign
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
I am running Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit) and I am getting repeated refused connection error messages when I open the browser. I've seen other users with this problem, and it seems to be resolved by updating to the most recent version of Chrome. I've done this, and it has not solved the problem.

I've followed the guidelines to uninstall/reinstall the extension, white list the process and ports in firewall settings, whitelist the .exe with my antivirus (Avast!), uninstalled and reinstalled browser, restarted browser and system, and nothing seems to do the trick.

The weird part is, within the app, under Refused Connection Attempts, it says "chrome by unidentified publisher"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 ver. 1607
Sync Type: agilebits account

Comments

• grahams
    grahams
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issue. I reinstalled the Chrome extension (both release and beta) to no avail. I also ensured my 1Password was updated to the current release version (and applied to be a beta tester)

• Hi @FuturDesign,

Thanks for reporting this.

The previous Chrome version had a certificate that expired on Dec 14th, that's why 1Password started rejecting it for everyone until Google fixed it in the latest version.

The fact that it says unidentified publisher means there's still something blocking 1Password from verifying the code signature or Chrome still has a bad certificate.

Do you have Firefox installed? If yes, does 1Password work in it or does it report the same rejection issue? If the latter, it means it may be blocked by the anti-malware solution.

If you don't have Firefox installed, could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• FuturDesign
    FuturDesign
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @MikeT,
    I've downloaded and installed firefox, and I'm getting the same error. Also, the app says "firefox by unidentified publisher" as well. I've sent an email with the log. Oops, I forgot to send it with my username... I've linked to the thread though.

• Hi @FuturDesign,

Thanks, that definitely means there's an interference by a third party. I've found your email and at a first glance, 1Password is blocked as a whole, it isn't able to sync with our servers either.

We'll reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: MPE-36687-492

• Besco
    Besco
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem, cant use my broeser extension. Same om Firefox, Chrome and Opera. It started yesterday and i just get the message: Browser connection refused. 1Password refused connection from untrusted source, check log for details. 1Password for Windows desktop

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Besco,

That is indeed weird. Could you also share a diagnostics report from your Windows PC? Here is how:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Send it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Please include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number, please post that number here to make things move faster!

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Besco
    Besco
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Support ID is [#PLA-84366-552]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Besco: Found it! We will reply to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

ref: PLA-84366-552

This discussion has been closed.