Login works with laptop keyboard but not with external keyboard.

Options

Login, using 1Password on a Windows PC, works with laptop keyboard but not with external keyboard.
I think I have seen a notification or a help sentence saying that there is an option for allowing external keyboard, But I can not find it.
Could you advice me, please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Login works with laptop keyboard bu not with external!?

Comments

• Hey @ErikNo,

Thanks for contacting us.

Are you saying that using the keyboard shortcut to log into a site with 1Password (Ctrl+\ on English keyboard layouts) doesn't work with your external keyboard?

If so, that'd be something I haven't seen before.

Any details you can provide might help us solve this mystery.

Cheers,

Alex

• ErikNo
    ErikNo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Alex,
    What I am saying is that using a physical external, bluetooth connected, keyboard for some reason seems to inhibit using 1Password to log in at sites.
    I may have misunderstood that, but I think I have seen a help notice talking about this. But maybe that notice was saying something about keyboard shortcuts, not physical keyboards ... !?
    Anyhow it is evident that logging in with the laptop's own physical keyboard works, and that it does not work when using an external bluetooth keyboard. What happens is that the browser opens the wanted site, the login id is filled in, but the password is not filled in!?
    I am not using any keyboard shortcut, I simply click the website url in the 1Password main app window.
    Is there any other explanation to this?
    I will provide more details about the involved products, if necessary, when the used laptop will be available shortly.
    Regards,
    Erik

• Hi @ErikNo,

I think I might be misunderstanding the issue you're presenting or there maybe two issues at play, in which case I apologise for any confusion. Let's dive in:

What I am saying is that using a physical external, bluetooth connected, keyboard for some reason seems to inhibit using 1Password to log in at sites.
    I may have misunderstood that, but I think I have seen a help notice talking about this. But maybe that notice was saying something about keyboard shortcuts, not physical keyboards ... !?

The latter can be an issue. Sometimes the keyboard shortcut doesn't work and there are a couple of things users can try to fix this. In some cases it even has something to do with driver or companion software for keyboards and mice that attempt to assume absolute control of the way Windows handles keyboard shortcuts.

However, your following sentence makes me wonder if we're dealing with something else entirely:

Anyhow it is evident that logging in with the laptop's own physical keyboard works, and that it does not work when using an external bluetooth keyboard. What happens is that the browser opens the wanted site, the login id is filled in, but the password is not filled in!?

I am not using any keyboard shortcut, I simply click the website url in the 1Password main app window.

I'm not doubting your observation, I'm just scratching my head because that would be rather unusual.
    Let me recap:

• When the bluetooth keyboard is not is use (and I'm assuming it's off and not connected to the laptop), and you click the website in 1Password, the website opens, and the entire set of login credentials is filled.
    • Doing the same thing with the bluetooth keyboard connected, results in the password not being filled on the site.

Did I get this right?
    If so, any information you can provide about your setup would be appreciated and if you can share the website this is happening on, we can check if there might be an issue with the site or sites.

Thanks,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.