Sync problem Family Account. Version 6.1.308d (Windows) [Improvements are coming in 6.2 update]

Options
mbrustad
mbrustad
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
I have a problem regarding sync on my family account.

1Password App is running on my computer.
I make changes to my vault on the web version
Open 1Password App window, new items not synced to the app from webapp

Same problem if I do the other way.

To get the sync work I have to restart the app every time I want to make a sync

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my voice to this - I have the same issue.
    It works fine on my home PC, but on my work PC.

Items I updated at home or on the web version are not updated to my work PC unless I restart the 1Password 6 app.
    I also noted that items I create on the work PC are sent to the other instances, so syncing is working outward, but not inward (in my case.)

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mbrustad and @sncooper

Sorry for the trouble you're having here! We need to see a diagnostic report to better understand what causing sync to fail.`

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• Parallaxe
    Parallaxe
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I have the same problem: 1P6 is not syncing. I have to select "sync" manually in the options of the 1P6 desktop app in order to have it sync-ed.
    I'm syncing over Dropbox, the respective rig runs Win10 and 1Password 6.1.308d.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Parallaxe, thanks for chiming in :).

You're having a different issue: Dropbox vaults aren't synced automatically in 1Password 6. This is a known issue and something we plan on improving in the future. But the issues mentioned by mbrustad and sncooper may be a bug on our end that requires further investigation.

• Parallaxe
    Parallaxe
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, OK, thanks for clarification. It's still "good" to know that automatic Dropbox syncing is not working in 1P6. I wasn't aware of that.

• mbrustad
    mbrustad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mohamedosman,
    I have now sent an email with my diagnostic report.

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member
    Options

Also sent my diagnostic report.

I also noticed that new passwords I create are not always being pushed out to the other clients also, but after creating yet another password both get pushed.

• @mbrustad Thanks for sending along the diagnostics report. We're going to get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: BII-78139-426

@sncooper Laura has already begun the email conversation with you, so you should be covered :)

ref: RLE-74188-268

• JohnNguyen
    JohnNguyen
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem syncing on my Windows 7 work laptop. I cannot sync new or modified items unless I re-enter my 1password account information.

• Hi guys,

Just to confirm this, we've fixed this issue already in the latest 1Password 6.2.333d beta update and are working on shipping it as a stable update very soon.

@JohnNguyen, this has been addressed and will be shipped soon as a stable update. If you'd like to have it fixed now, you can enable the beta updates to get the fix. It is available via Settings > Options > Enable Beta Updates in the main 1Password 6 and check for an update after that.

This discussion has been closed.