Authentication Error Message

Options

Hello, recently whenever I sign into the 1Password application on my computer I get and authentication error telling me to please sign in again. Now I recently changed the email on my 1Password account and whenever I go to sign in again it keeps displaying my old email. All the times I have tried signing in by changing it to the new email nothing changes and the error message still remains the same. So I am just trying to figure out if there is something I can do to fix this problem.

1Password Version: 6.1.308
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @LastAvail,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password 6, let's find out what is happening.

Please try to update your credentials in 1Password by following the next steps:

1) In your browser, sign in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com.
    2) Click your account name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3) Drag your QR code to the 1Password window.
    4) Enter your Master Password and select "Sign in".

Does the issue remain after that?

It would also be helpful if you shared a diagnostics report from the Windows PC, where you have this issue. Use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Please include the link to this thread along with your forum username in your email, so that we could "connect the dots".

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track it down. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• LastAvail
    LastAvail
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg I tried those steps but it still did not fix the problem, so I did as you said and submitted a diagnostics report to the support email. The support ID number is [#FXG-43848-693].

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: FXG-43848-693

This discussion has been closed.