Grandfathered purchasing plans

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

For all of us old timers ie long time supporters, would it be possible to consider a grandfathered purchasing plan? It's a reward or incentive for sticking with 1Password :)

I've used 1Password for coming to 1 decade. There are other even older 1Password users out there, since the company's formation.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your longtime support, @wkleem!

We offered 6 whole months free when we first launched 1Password accounts. We thought of only making the deal available to a small number of people, but we decided to be more generous and extend the deal to everyone. :+1:

We offered a different deal for teams: Pro plan features at the Standard plan price. I just double-checked, and I see that you already have that special pricing plan. It's about the best deal I could possibly give you since it's a 66% discount on the price of the Pro plan. :chuffed:

We do hope you appreciate the gift! Have a fantastic holiday!

• hansonexperience
    hansonexperience
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm which special price plan? I upgraded from standalone tot 1password.com and now have 2 accounts which I have to pay for. I just want 1 account (with that special price ;-) ) How can I have my standalone bill which is already paid moved to 1password.com account in such a way that I do not have to pay twice.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The special plan was available for a limited time when we first launched 1Password account subscriptions. You can click the links in my post above to read the blog posts where we announced the deals. The deals are no longer available, though.

See my reply to your other post for more details.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@khad,

I am waiting for 1Password 6 for Windows to become more mature, as so far it is quite bare. I hope that something about it can be done for legacy users.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem,

I moved your post into the Windows category, so our Windows experts can better assist you.

1Password 6 for Windows was pretty bare a while ago, but after the release of 6.2.333 just a few short hours ago, it's pretty solid if I do say so myself. Check out the full 1Password 6.2.333 for Windows release notes.

If there is anything specific you are still hoping to see, do let us know.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I had not noticed the new version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know what you think! We've got even more where that came from! :) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

First impression, I like how the edit pencil now has a "/" across it to indicate read only. I hope that the new installer will have the option to put the 1Password 6 icon on the Desktop? 1Password 4 installation always had it.

• Hi @wkleem,

We'll look at including that option when we have a new installer built for 1Password 6. The current standard installer we're using isn't really well suited for that at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.