Logins missing in 1Password for Windows

Options
2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Yes, please do not try anything in this thread and email us your 1Password diagnostic report. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• MikeT
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

Just an update, it is normal to see a slight difference in the item count between 1Password version 4.6.0.604 and prior versions and for many, no differences.

We had a bug in the previous versions where 1Password was loading data from sync-conflicted data files, causing duplicates and more items than what other apps showed. We fixed it in 604 to bypass the sync conflict files and that will match inline with the other apps, which is what Chris saw.

The 604 build has consistently prevented the reoccurrence of the issues that has been reported so far, but anyone experiencing the issue prior to 604 needs to get in touch with us, so we can restore the data properly.

• zchrykng
    zchrykng
    Community Member
    Options

[#AHA-52732-463] Still running into randomly missing logins. The work around I have at this point is to move the login on iOS from a dropbox synced opvault to a teams vault and then moving it back. That seems to make the login reappear in Windows after the dropbox sync finishes.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @zchrykng,

Thanks, I'll reply to your ticket on how to fix it.

• tmmi
    tmmi
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I've also emailed support as requested - id is [#WYU-88673-274]

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, I got your email and I've replied to it.

For others, please include the 1Password diagnostic report in your emails, use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

• ChrisLockwood
    ChrisLockwood
    Community Member
    Options

@Brenty Firstly I should apologise for the delayed response, your post had completely passed me by until now. In truth I'd half given up on 1Password and so had not revisited forum, mostly because I've been short on time this past month.

In answer to your question - Yes I can identify (specific) missing logins, although I do recognise what you say with regards subtle differences in item groupings and the impact this has on folder counters.

I have reinvestigated the problem today, but am still struggling to make further sense of whats going on. Actually I'm starting to wonder if there's some fundamental corruption of the OPVault store, I've had some really weird application behavior. This most recent problem occurred when I tried to manually delete duplicates, ahead of moving to .604 (which does the same thing).

Logic being that if all the duplicates were removed I'd be left with merely a handful of items in .598 which had previously failed to transfer into .604 (these could then be manually re-added after switching versions).

Anyway this activity has thrown up some interesting behavior, which I hope will lead to some sort of resolution...

"Trash"

...so it turns out that I'm quite messy, in the sense that I don't take out the trash, or "rubbish" as we in the UK like call it. Thing is that missing login which I mentioned earlier (one of a few), well it seems to be located in the Trash folder, as well as the Logins folder. When you empty the trash that associated login is corrupted, while the item does technically remain it has no content (other than for the URL) . I've repeated this over and over (after restoring from a backup), and the results are always the same.

Its all very strange, the developer in me wants to delve deeper but unfortunately I'm stuck with the UI and no source :( that said I'm sure you guys will figure this out for me!!

• ChrisLockwood
    ChrisLockwood
    Community Member
    Options

One final observation (for today), the modified timestamps for this item differ between locations.

UK date formats (obviously).
    Logins 27/07/2015
    Trash 29/01/2016

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ChrisLockwood,

We have not seen a single new case of this reoccurring since the 604 update was released. It has been fixed for good but unfortunately, not for some affected vaults prior to 604.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

• ChrisLockwood
    ChrisLockwood
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT - I have fired this over as requested [#CJZ-48182-785].

Coincidentally I've sent one of these already, and so hope this most recent version doesn't confuse matters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChrisLockwood: Thanks! I see that we've received it, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: CJZ-48182-785

• wiflex
    wiflex
    Community Member
    Options

I really as well regret for paying money for 1Password app for Mac, it is complete mess even with Family account. My passwords are only at Mac, while on iOS and Windows there is nothing. I sent report this morning, so lets see what will happen.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @wiflex,

I found your email with the log and will reply to your email as soon as I finish analyzing the log.

ref: DIC-97117-589

• Ricollect
    Ricollect
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not missing just 5 or 10 logins - i can't get any to come across! I've supposedly aligned 1Password with my Dropbox vault, but there's nothing, except some moments when 1Password stalls for a while.

I've created a diagnostics report and have shipped it off to you. Ho ho ho! ; )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

@Ricollect: It's hard to say for certain at this stage, but I did want to mention in case it helps you or anyone else that the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not support writing or automatic sync with local vaults. So in that case you 1) won't be able to make changes in 1Password 6, and 2) won't be able to see changes made on another device there unless you sync it manually (Settings > Options > Accounts & Vaults > [vault name] > Sync).

Anyway, I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: SPU-49678-417

P.S: Love the name! :lol:

• Ricollect
    Ricollect
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for your fast response, brenty! i'm going away for christmas, and thought i'd take my Windows laptop with me. as i didn't want to miss my passwords, i had a quick look at the 1Password site, and saw that 1Password for Windows was now 'free.' so without looking into it, i just downloaded it thinking it would work.

thanks for enlightening me, and hope you have a fine christmas and new year!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

@Ricollect: Ah, sorry for the confusion there. Glad I was able to get back to you quickly. Certainly it will still work to access your passwords, but I wouldn't want you to need to edit something and find out at the eleventh hour that you're out of luck. Be sure to let us know if you need anything else, and enjoy your Christmas, New Year, and any other holiday you can manage as well! :)

This discussion has been closed.