Unable to open 1Password after Update to 4.6.1.617

Options

Error after typing Password:
...1Password.agilekeychain is read-only.
After deinstall new Version and reinstall old Version 4.0.1.503 everything is ok.
Please correct the new Update!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Daggi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It appears that you're suffering from a bit of a coincidence. 1Password doesn't have any control over the file permissions of your vault on disk; it's just warning you that it will not be able to use it effectively without write permission. The reason you're not seeing this message with the old version is that 1Password didn't used to warn about this. It's something we've added within the last year. The problem remains: you'll need to set the properties of 1Password.agilekeychain to read/write in Windows File Explorer for 1Password to be able to save any changes you try to make to your data.

• Daggi
    Daggi
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thank you for your answer. I work with admin-account and set the permissins with complete rights for this Folder and all subfolder, but the Problem still exist :-(

• Hi @Daggi,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Daggi
    Daggi
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT : I send u an email with Link to this thread.

If I want to save the Diagnostic Report, I‘ve got the same error-message (see Picture in eMail).
    After that, I add my local User with all rights explitit to all folders and subfolders on device D:\ (my local user was only in Admin-Group).
    After that it was possible to open 1Password. So I think, 1Password has a problem with rights from users in Admin-Group.

• Hi @Daggi,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply to your email soon.

This discussion has been closed.