1password browser extention

Options

I am running 1password 6.1.308b on Win 10. I tried to add the add in for Firefox and all I get is 47 empty windows opening for no apparent reason. I tried to add it to IE Explorer and when I run the download it opens MYOB!

I cannot see any way to add a password to a group. In 4 I simply dragged it into the group.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @possumbox,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password 6! Let's try to figure out what is happening.

While there is no 1Password 6 extension for Internet Explorer, you should be able to install it in Firefox. Could you please do the following:

1) Launch and unlock 1Password 6 on your Windows PC.
    2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right cornet and choose Options > Updates > Check for updates.
    3) Install the latest version of 1Password 6 available (6.2.333).

After that:

4) Download 1Password extension for your Firefox and install it. Launch Firefox. There should be tab open in one of your browser windows displaying the same code, as 1Password app. You have to click Authorize button if the codes in 1Password app and in your browser tab match. You should be all set after that.

If you bump into any difficulties with any of the steps above, please let us know, so we could lend you a hand.

As for your second question about groups, I am not sure I am following you 100%. Do you mean folders? Thanks in advance! :)

I look forward to your reply and wish you Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Greg

• possumbox
    possumbox
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot open the update file as it defaults to MYOB. How do I make if open in Firefox. Not sure I like this NEW software, I have no access to passwords in either IE or firefox, nor can I access my bank accounts in firefox, the system does not like the add-on from Westpac. Works ok in IE.

In the previous version I could classify a password as say "email account " and then find it under the Email Accounts list. How can I do that in this version?

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @possumbox,

Thanks for writing back.

Do you have a 1Password.com account? I see you have a license for 1Password 4 for Windows but I don't see any 1Password.com subscriptions.

1Password 4 is the latest version for the licenses and the most complete version as well, 1Password 6 is currently a limited app release for the 1Password.com subscriptions users only. We are working as fast as we can to bring 1Password 6 to everyone with full support for local vaults and other features.

If you are not using 1Password.com subscription, please uninstall 1Password 6 and stick with 1Password 4 for now.

I cannot open the update file as it defaults to MYOB.

What is MYOB? I don't know what that is, is that a site that Firefox is opening for you?

Not sure I like this NEW software, I have no access to passwords in either IE or firefox, nor can I access my bank accounts in firefox, the system does not like the add-on from Westpac. Works ok in IE.

None of this sounds right to us, there's no MYOB involved in 1Password, there's no plugin for IE with 1Password 6, so it sounds like you have both 1Password 4 / 6 installed at the same time, which can cause this confusion.

Can you go to your Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and tell me if you see both 1Password 4/6 versions installed?

If yes, then uninstall 1Password 6 if you're not using the 1Password.com subscription. After that, reboot and you should see 1Password work like it did before.

• possumbox
    possumbox
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I do have a 6 subscription but it is under [EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MODERATOR]. MYOB is an accounting package. The add on update for some reason selects this program to launch the add-on file. This is the default set by Win 10. What program should the program be driven by?

I deleted version 4 assuming that 6 would be an improvement, but it is very irritating and should probably wait until it gets into a more stable state. Can go back to 4? At least then I will have access to the passwords in both ie and firefox

• Hi @possumbox,

I've edited your post to remove the email address from your post, please don't share your email address or any sensitive information here as this is a public support forum. If we need it, we'd ask you to email us instead.

MYOB is an accounting package. The add on update for some reason selects this program to launch the add-on file. This is the default set by Win 10. What program should the program be driven by?

It should be 1Password, Firefox was supposed to ask you for the program to select and in this case, 1Password. To change this back to 1Password:

1. First, open the main 1Password 6 program, unlock, and click the Settings (gear) icon on top right to select Options.
    2. Go to the Browser section on the left sidebar and then scroll down till you see the Register 1Password Helper checkbox. Check it. If it is checked already, uncheck it and check it again.
    3. Open Firefox, click on the settings (hamburger) icon on top right to select Options
    4. Click on Applications on the left side and then look for onepasssword4-extension content type, select Use 1Password for Windows desktop like here:

After that, restart Firefox and see if 1Password works now in Firefox. You should see an authorization prompt from 1Password to match against the extension page in Firefox and once you authorize it, the extension will then work.

Can go back to 4? At least then I will have access to the passwords in both i.e. and firefox

Unfortunately, no. 1Password 4 for Windows cannot use 1Password.com service due to its technical design. That's why we're building a new program instead in 1Password 6 for Windows and why it doesn't have all features yet, we're building this with 1Password.com service in mind, so you can use it right now. We're working as fast as we can to get all features in.

We are working with Microsoft to bring 1Password support to Edge and we're waiting for Microsoft to finish their Edge update with the APIs we need. It should come early next year and hopefully, we can get 1Password there right after that.

This discussion has been closed.