Extension Not working in Firefox

Options

Frustrated just downloaded 1password families and downloaded the firefox extension, when i try to open or use the extension i get a error message

"The address wasn’t understood

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (onepassword4-extension) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

I am running
FF Version 50.1.0
1 pasword extension version 4.6.2

I have looked through the forum but everybody is using a mac and not a windows pc

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Randy_H,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry you bumped into troubles with 1Password.

1Password extension doesn't have any data: it communicates with the main 1Password app to bring up the UI and data for you. You would need to install 1Password 6 on your PC to use the extension.

Please let me know if it works. If you have other questions about 1Password on Windows, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Randy_H
    Randy_H
    Community Member
    Options

Got it working THANKS !!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.