Trouble with 1Password 6 / Win10/ Chrome Extension

Options

Happy New Year! I've been using 1 Password 4 license for Windows for a year, worked great except I could not get to my logins/passwords from a public hotel computer while traveling. Agilebits suggested I install a trial of 1Password 6, which I recently did. I setup the online vault, imported my logins. It works great via the web, iphone, however the Chrome extension is not at all like the one for ver4, and the options in the application settings seem sparse, like the ability to auto-login. In the Chrome extension I no longer see the categories (favorites, credit cards, etc) or the ability to save a new login, I only see a search field. Is this the current state of the release, or did I install it incorrectly? I tried to go back to v4 with my Dropbox vault, which works, except even after uninstalling the Chrome extension and reinstalling from the v4 app, I get the same limited feature behavior with the Chrome extension. I need help either getting the v6 Chrome extension working, or a way to rollback to the v4 with the fully-functional Chrome extension. Thanks - Mark T

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: 1Password Servers

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mtoomajian,

Thank you for contacting us and using 1Password! I am sorry for the confusion with 1Password 6 and 1Password 4 on Windows.

We are building 1Password 6 from scratch and there is a lot of things in 1Password 4 that haven't been implemented in 1Password 6 yet. This includes Categories and Saving a new login manually in 1Password Mini. We have plans to bring 1Password 6 to feature parity with 1Password 4 and work really hard to make it happen.

In the meantime, if you want to use 1Password extension in your browser with 1Password 4, please try to do the following:

1) Quit 1Password 6 completely.
    2) Then open 1Password 4 and choose Help > Restart 1Password Helper.
    3) Restart your browser.
    4) Try to use the extension.

Let me know how it goes. I will be looking forward to your reply! Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mtoomajian
    mtoomajian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg-

Thanks for clarifying the situation. I ran the steps you suggested and I'm back to a working Chrome Extension with 1Password 4. I also uninstalled v6, but kept my web acct for now. I'll keep an eye out for 1Password 6 for Windows full featured arrival in the future.

Thanks- Mark

• skipdb
    skipdb
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to chime in with Chrome extension issues using 1P6 on Windows. The extension won't save passwords for any site.

1Password has been absolutely wonderful for me over the years, but the new windows version just feels rushed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtoomajian: Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I wanted to chime in with Chrome extension issues using 1P6 on Windows. The extension won't save passwords for any site.

@skipdb: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me which OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using? We'll get that sorted out. :)

1Password has been absolutely wonderful for me over the years, but the new windows version just feels rushed.

It's a brand new app and we're making good progress, but you can certainly use 1Password 4 if you'd prefer a more mature app. Let us know, and we can help with that too. :chuffed:

• skipdb
    skipdb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty. It is Windows 10 / Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit) / 1P6 6.2.333 / Extension 4.6.2.90. The issue seems to be sporadic after a reboot.

I'm going to move back to 1P4 for my daily driver, but will be watching progress on 1P6 as I much prefer your in house sync to Dropbox.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skipdb: Ah gotcha. Thanks for letting me know! It's odd that it would be sporadic. From your previous comments it sounded like it wasn't working at all. If this happens again, would you send a diagnostic report immediately? It may help us find a bug and improve this for you — if not now, when you're using 1Password 4 primarily, but in the future. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.