1Password 6 Windows Chrome Extension Sophos anti-virus blocking (Teams)

Options

This is driving me crazy.

I have signed up to 1Password for Teams, and installed 1Password 6 on Windows.
I use Chrome, and have installed the relevant browser extension.

However, randomly, the extension will lose sync to the "Helper", and requires setting up again.
But it won't!
It keeps failing when I go to https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html

So I have to disable our company Sophos Anti Virus service, and also the Sophos Web Filtering service, then get the Chrome extension to sync, which it does, then re-enable Sophos.

I have tried adding exceptions for the 1Password folder in Sophos. But this doesn't work.

I don't know what else to do and there doesn't appear to be any blocking logs from Sophos to suggest what is happening.

This is happening both in Windows Server 2012 R2 (terminal services) as well as my Windows 8 PC. Both have Sophos installed. My Mac which also runs Sophos is fine and works perfectly. So this is a Windows/Sophos/1Password 6 issue.

I never had an issue with 1Password 4 syncing using Dropbox on Windows Server 2012 R2/Windows 8. It always worked and never was blocked. So something has changed with 1Password 6.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows Server 2012 R2
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi @mskipsey! Sorry about that. Sophos does need to be configured for 1Password, and we have a nice guide to help you get things set up:

Configuring Sophos

Please let us know how it goes for you!

• mskipsey
    mskipsey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. I have applied this exception, and will let you know how I get on! So far so good, but it's only been 24 hours.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mskipsey: Fingers crossed! Hopefully, everything will be working fine. :) On behalf of Jacob you are welcome! You did the right thing by reaching out to us, so please do not hesitate to do that in the future. Thank you in advance!

++
    Greg

• caseynth
    caseynth
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there, I have this same issue but get a 404 clicking on the guide, is there a new link?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caseynth,

Sorry for that! Here is the right link for you. :) Let us know if it helps!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.