Dealing with extra long passwords?

Options

I have a question about the 1Password for iOS v6.5.1 Password Generator. I have attempted a really long password maximum 64 characters. However it's evident from my 4" iPhone that the Password Generator can only display approximately 30 characters.

What happens on iPhone 6s/7 or 6s/7 Plus? Does the character screen show more than on a iPhone 5s/SE?

Thanks.

1Password Version: v6.5.1 iOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I must be getting confused as I just tried it and the password word wraps. I might have been thinking about 1Password for Windows 6.2.333 at the time. I will have to double check..

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Please move this post to the relevant forum. Thanks! The Password Generator's word text doesn't auto word wrap.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have had a look at the 1Password 4 Password Generator. The passwords go up to 46 before characters start to become hidden while for 1Password 6, characters become hidden after the 26th character mark.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for reporting this. We do plan to improve this in a future update, we're not yet sure how this will be handled as there are UI limitations we need to figure out for handling word-wrapping/multi-line fields. 1Password mini on macOS has the same issue.

It's the same issue for generating the password within the item editor in the main 1Password app.

This discussion has been closed.