Question about refund timing

Options
ceasley
ceasley
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I accidentally purchased an upgrade to the Windows standalone license and ended up with a mac license for 1Password 6.0 and have requested a refund. How long does it usually take to receive the refund?

Additionally, your store doesn't really tell you what you are getting an upgrade "to"...just that you are eligible to upgrade to "1Password", and it lists the requirements as Windows 7 or above, or MacOS. That's what led to my confusion. I thought I was getting an upgrade to the Windows version of 1Password 6.0.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @ceasley,

Thanks for writing in.

Once we process your refund, it usually takes up to three business days to see it show up in your original payment account. I will reply to your email about this.

We do apologize for the confusion, we do not sell individual platform license anymore and only the desktop license is offered, so it is for the latest versions of both 1Password for macOS and Windows, which is right now: version 4 for Windows and version 6 for Mac, which is definitely not clear in the store.

If you've used your Windows license key, the upgrade is to get the Mac side of the desktop license, so what happened was correct but not clear.

1Password 6 is not available for licenses yet, it is currently limited to 1Password.com customers. So, you're at the latest version right now for Windows. We will release more details about the status on 1Password 6 and licenses as soon as possible.

• ceasley
    ceasley
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much, MikeT! This level of service is exactly why I am (and will continue to be) a customer of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, while we do apologize for the confusion you experienced in the process, thank you for your support! We couldn't do what we do without you and the rest of our awesome customers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.