What is the protocol used by Windows 1Password 4 and Android syncing?

Options
Jassword
Jassword
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Specifically, does 1Password 4 carry out bi-directional syncing so for example:

1. If the PC has a brand new login entry in its vault, and the Android app also has a brand new & different login entry, will both vaults get synced to contain the 2 new entries?
  2. If both PC and Android vaults have different updates to the same login entry, what happens? Will a prompt come up telling you to choose which update should be applied to both vaults?

I can't currently check this myself, because for some reason, I cannot sync updates at all between my PC and Android tablet -- I have sent this issue in a separate email to tech support.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617 (19)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Jassword,

If you're using WLAN sync, the sync isn't automatic, you have to manually trigger the sync as instructed here https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/?android#to-sync-your-data

Basically, while the sync dialog is opened on Windows, pull to refresh on your Android device to sync.

If the PC has a brand new login entry in its vault, and the Android app also has a brand new & different login entry, will both vaults get synced to contain the 2 new entries?

After the sync is done, yes they both will match up with the same items.

If both PC and Android vaults have different updates to the same login entry, what happens? Will a prompt come up telling you to choose which update should be applied to both vaults?

If they're not modified at the same time, it will pick the latest version of the item.

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, just what I want.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.