[Feature Request] Optional browser override remembered for each login entry.

Options

It's great to be able to override the browser with the Open in menu item when you launch a login from the 1Password Program. But even better would be for the login entry to remember the preferred browser when it is different from the global default. I routinely use Firefox and Chrome browsers, with Firefox tightly locked down with NoScript, Privacy Badger, and Adblock Plus. Whereas I use Chrome for sites that are too cumbersome to unblock in Firefox with those add-ons.

I just want to double-click on any login without having to think which browser it should go to.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617 (19)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jassword: This is a really cool idea, but I hope you'll appreciate that most folks aren't jumping around between multiple browsers like you and I might. ;)

I'll admit I hadn't thought about it from that angle though, as I usually start in the browser rather than the main 1Password app when logging into sites. This is something we may be able to add in the future, especially if I'm wrong and there's a lot of interest in such a feature. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

• Jassword
    Jassword
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am certainly not the typical user or consumer. But it's not uncommon at all to have problems with some sites in particular browsers and related concerns obviously led to providing the Open in menu in the first place, so having the login entries remember that choice seems quite appropriate.

• Yep, it is something we'd like to do, it's just that we don't want to store this in the item itself but more of a metadata db for each item. We need to figure out how to retain a list of settings for each item, like a password preset, specific browser, password change reminder or other features we could come up with in the future.

This discussion has been closed.