1Password 6 > Chrome Extension > AutoFill Doesn't Search All Vaults?

Options

I was trying to log into eBay using the Chrome 1Password Extension and I verified I had https://signin.ebay.com listed in 1Password 6 as the URL (which was correct) but the AutoFill (Ctrl + ) didn't find my eBay entry.

After some manual searching, I changed the vault from my Personal to Shared and it found the entry.

Can someone confirm if the Chrome extension Ctrl + \ AutoFill does not search all items in All Vaults by default?

If not, consider this a future feature request :-D

Giving the extension a search scope to include All Vaults would make the AutoFill much more reliable for me.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 + 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account Sync

Comments

• Hi @Keifer,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password mini doesn't default to All Vaults all the time, it retains the previously used vault and it can be different from the main app's selected vault. We plan to add an option to let you choose which vault to open to when opening 1Password for the first time and sync both to the same selected vault.

For now, if you select All Vaults, it'll stay there until you changes it manually.

• Keifer
    Keifer
    Community Member
    Options

Got it - thanks for the reply. For now, I've switched it to All Vaults and hopefully it sticks.

I guess I just can't think of any use-case why anyone wouldn't want to always display All Vaults by default as this would make the AutoFill feature more reliable (especially if you have multiple vaults).

Maybe if you had multiple vaults with the same URL (eBay, in my example), you wouldn't want to have it return multiple hits, requiring the user to select the correct one.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Keifer,

Yep, it's the multiple items on the same site. Direct filling is faster when you have only one item for the site. For an example, I have two vaults, one for work and one for personal. Now, I have a Login item for this forum, one in each vault. If I'm working, I will switch to work vault only and if I press "Control + \", 1Password directly logs me in without asking for which item to use. In All Vaults, I'd have to manually select the work item.

Right now, 1Password 6 doesn't support excluding certain vaults yet, so I also have an archival vault where I move all of my items that I no longer use. I don't want to reuse them but it'd show up all the time in All Vaults.

Not to mention, I share some vaults with family members, I don't want to see their data all the time either, especially when we share credit card information.

Once we add the ability to exclude certain vaults and a few other related settings for All Vaults, it then doesn't make much sense not to default to All Vaults.

This discussion has been closed.