1Password 6.2.333 / Windows 10: unable to login to family account

Options

Hi,

I've just installed 1Password 6.2.333 on a Win10 machine and can't login to my family account. I can login using a browser so am confident my credentials are correct. I used the QR Code to populate the Sign-in address, account key and email address.

Two errors stand out in the Event Log:

AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection
HTTP400 POST https://*************.1password.com/api/v1/auth/verify, 83 bytes: {"errorCode":100,"errorMessage":"Invalid request parameters.","requestId":1105803}

followed by:

TeamAccount:9
Failed to get notifier URL.

Note the ************* obscures my Family account URL.

Any idea whats going on here and how to resolve it?

Works fine on my Mac and iOS devices...

Thanks in anticipation...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• GusMitchell
    GusMitchell
    Community Member
    Options

Update:

So here's the thing...

I uninstalled 1Password6 and installed 1Password4. Not a good move: there are no options to login to open a family account.

I then restarted my PC and installed 1Password6 again and lo and behold I can login to the family account successfully.

So I'm sorted (I think...)!

• Hi @GusMitchell,

Thanks for writing in and for keeping us updated, I'm glad you're up and running now.

That error meant that the password was wrong or something else was wrong. Did you use the QR barcode from the site or did you copy it from a PDF file you saved elsewhere?

• GusMitchell
    GusMitchell
    Community Member
    Options

I created a QR barcode image from a PDF saved elsewhere and used the same image in both instances.

It seems to me that restarting the PC was the key factor and maybe that cleaned up something that was hanging around.

I'm just pleased it's working as expected.

• Hi @GusMitchell,

That's interesting, thanks for letting us know. We'll look into why this may happen and see if we can improve it.

This discussion has been closed.