Dropping Passwords

Options

Hello. I recently completed converting all passwords to 1Password. While doing so I discovered some previously saved passwords missing. I entered them again and all was good. Now, within just a couple days, I am again losing passwords. Please help. I've been so happy with your program and do not want to go through this process again. Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.1
Extension Version: 616
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:dropping my passwords

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stvsan: That's really odd. I wonder if you're getting conflicts in Dropbox, which could cause 1Password to be unable to read the data. If you login to dropbox.com and open the vault, do you see files with "conflicted copy" in their name? For example, in Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default. Let me know what you find!

• stvsan
    stvsan
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty...Looked at all files in Dropbox and don't find anything with "conflicted copy". Thanks for a quick reponse.

• Hi @stvsan,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what else it could be. Your issue sounds very identical to a sync issue we saw when there was a time/date mixed up on one device causing the app to sync an older item as a new copy.

Please use this guide to generate the diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• stvsan
    stvsan
    Community Member
    Options

Letting you know that my email to you with the diagnostic report has been sent. Thanks.

• Hi @stvsan,

Thanks for sending in the report, we'll take a close look and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Cheers!

ref: FCM-91122-661

• stvsan
    stvsan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex,
    Last communication was in November when I told you I was ill and needed time. You kindly replied. I'm just now getting back to this and have found that the string of emails between us is gone (my husband has a bad habit of hitting wrong buttons..lol) leaving me without your last email telling me what I need to do next. Could you please instruct me again? I appreciate it.

Regards!
    Sandi

• Hey Sandi,

We're happy to hear from you again :)

I've just resent my last email to you so we can pick up where we left off.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.